https://www.wildwoodpark.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NCCClogo-e1459745395793.jpg 300 300 Wildwood Park For the Arts /wp-content/uploads/2014/08/wildwood-park-trans1-1030x343.png Wildwood Park For the Arts2016-04-19 04:51:012016-04-20 22:44:21Thank you, Americorps Alpine 6!
Thank you, Americorps Alpine 6!
Farewell, Alpine 6!
Wildwood has been bustling with improvements January – February of 2016 thanks to nine Americorps team members, led by grounds manager David Pickens, facilities manager Ira Grace, and an elite crew from Central Arkansas Master Naturalists, the Nature Conservancy, Tom Tull Studios and Stageworks. Known as “The A Team” around Wildwood, Alpine 6 of NCCC Americorps’ Southwest Region provided more than 4500 hours of volunteer service to improve the Park and its amenities.
Here’s a condensed list of what Team Leader Brian Wegner, along with Haley, Maddy, Charles, Patrick, Tayla, Perry, Jessica and Waldemar accomplished:
- Trailblazed the Wild 40, the Nature Trail, and the Ruth Allen Dogwood Trail
- Landscaped park areas and refurbished multiple flowerbeds throughout the Butler Arboretum
- Recovered 100+ lobby chairs
- Built a new bridge and created a new rock dry bed for the Nabucco Waterfall in the Asian Woodland Garden
- Attained Level A chainsaw status
- Removed thousands of pounds of tree debris from Denny Road and the Wildflower Glen
- Provided support for Wildwood’s Jr. Naturalist Camp
- Inventoried properties and scenery and, outdoors, indigenous plantings throughout the Park
- Painted the concessions stand and several restrooms
- Built a volcano and decor for LANTERNS! Festival, and hosted more than 8000 guests with 350 volunteers
Thank you, A Team, for being part of Team Wildwood – may our paths meet again!