Thank you for applying to the Wildwood Academy of Music & the Arts (WAMA). We are looking forward to an exciting summer making music together! Please review the information below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Sydney Hickok at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-821-7275.
Click here to pay the $25 application fee if you have not done so already. This non-refundable application fee is required of all applicants and reserves your student’s WAMA enrollment slot. The fee covers the cost of the WAMA t-shirt and other materials that are required. Students will be given a WAMA t-shirt prior to their final culminating performance/demonstration. This fee will not be applied toward any tuition fees.
Please make checks payable to Wildwood Park for the Arts and list the name of the WAMA student on the memo line. If you would prefer to make your tuition payment with a credit card – please contact Sydney Hickok, at email@example.com or 501-821-7275 ext. 259 for more information. Checks can be mailed to:
Wildwood Park for the Arts
20919 Denny Rd.
Little Rock, AR 72223
If your plans change and your student is no longer available to attend WAMA, please make note of the following information:
- Full refunds are allowed through May 4, 2018.
- Partial refunds (1/2 of tuition) are allowed through May 31, 2018.
- No refunds will be given after June 1, 2018.
- Advanced WAMA Festival Orchestra session: July 2-13, 2018 – $500 (2-week session – weekdays only)
- Advanced WAMA Festival Chorus session: July 2-13, 2018 – $500 (2-week session – weekdays only)
- Intermediate Instrumental session: July 16-27, 2018 – $500 (2-week session – weekdays only)
- Intermediate Vocal session: July 16-27, 2018 – $500 (2-week session – weekdays only)
- WILDMusic Beginner Vocal session: June 18-22, 2018 – $250 (1-week session)
- WILDMusic Beginner Instrumental session: June 25-29, 2018 – $250 (1-week session)
- WILDMusic Beginner Vocal Session: July 16-20, 2018 – $250 (1-week session)
- WILDMusic Beginner Instrumental Session: July 23-27, 2018 – $250 (1-week session)
SCHOLARSHIPS & DISCOUNTS
There are a limited number of full tuition and partial tuition scholarships available. If you are interested in receiving information about scholarships, please complete the online WAMA enrollment application, pay the $25 application fee, then complete the online scholarship application by clicking here. If you have any questions, contact Sydney Hickok at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-821-7275 ext. 259.
In addition to completing the scholarship application, we will also need documentation showing need or merit (as described below). This documentation can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to ATTN: WAMA, 20919 Denny Rd. Little Rock, AR 72223.
Need-Based Scholarship Applicants
Please provide documentation that the student qualifies for free or reduced-price school lunches.
Merit-Based Scholarship Applicants
Please provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal, counselor, or community leader describing why the student deserves a scholarship (information about the student’s interest in music and character).
- Students who participated in a 2018 All- Region ensemble automatically receive a $50 discount.
- Students who participated in a 2018 All-State ensemble automatically receive a $75 discount.
If your student is eligible for either of these discounts, please check the appropriate box on the WAMA enrollment application.
Students wishing to participate in Intermediate or Advanced sessions will participate in a placement assessment at the beginning of their session. Please be prepared to play your best piece, scales, and complete a short written music assessment. Students should refer to the WAMA Handbook for additional information about the placement assessment.
On Friday afternoons concluding the week’s program, families are invited to join us for a performance and reception to celebrate our WAMA students’ accomplishments.
Faculty & Guest Artist Performances will occur throughout WAMA to enhance students’ learning.
WAMA takes place in West Little Rock at Wildwood Park for the Arts. Wildwood is located at 20919 Denny Rd, Little Rock, AR 72223 and open weekdays 9 am to 5 pm, Saturdays 10 am to 5 pm, and Sundays 12 to 5 pm.
Lodging is available for WAMA Advanced session students, ages 14 and older, who prefer an overnight camp experience. These students receive:
- Lodging Sunday through Thursday nights for both weeks of the Advanced session.
- Supervised, shared accommodations at Ferncliff Camp’s Retreat House located within 5 miles of Wildwood Park and WAMA.
- Transportation between Ferncliff Camp and destinations for WAMA, including any planned excursions to Little Rock museums, theatre, and other attractions.
- Access to approved recreational activities.
- All meals, breakfast on Monday morning through lunch on Friday.
The additional fee for the residential experience is $450 total during the WAMA Advanced session.
To make lodging reservations for a Residential Student, please contact:
Sydney Hickok at 501-821-7275, ext. 259 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By March 1, 2018 – Remit $100 deposit to reserve WAMA lodging – Residential Reservation Deadline!
- By April 2, 2018 – Remit remaining $350 (for a total of $450) to secure WAMA lodging