This challenging vocal session provides students with instruction and mentoring from some of the best musicians in Arkansas. Students will improve their technical skills, collaborate with fellow students, and participate in recital programs and public performances as they prepare for advanced conservatory or university study. Students will study both classical and musical theatre repertoire in individual lessons and small group sessions with professional faculty.
This music-intensive session begins with a simple placement assessment Sunday, June 11.
Some students will also be placed in small vocal ensembles which will be announced Monday, June 12th. Students who are not selected or who do not indicate they would like to participate in small vocal ensembles will participate in WILDArts electives. Students are able to rank the WILDArts preferences through the application process. WILDArts classes may include movement, yoga, visual arts, theatre arts, and/or creative writing.
Students participating in this session will:
- Improve their abilities as a solo performer and ensemble member
- Rehearse and perform musical selections incorporating a variety of genres, languages, and styles
- Identify and apply musical elements, symbols, and terms in expressing musical emotions and ideas
- Expand vocal range through breathing and warm-up exercises
- Perform a collaborative work alongside instrumental students
- Become more knowledgeable about career opportunities in music
- Learn how to prepare for auditions and professional performances
Students begin at 9 AM with a 90-minute ensemble rehearsal, followed by an hour of sectional work, group lessons, and master classes. Students will participate in two hours of chamber music or WILDArts elective activities, with 15 minute breaks between each hour. The day concludes with a final ensemble rehearsal from 3:30 – 5 PM.
For more details
Contact WAMA Curriculum Manager Angela Collier at 501.821.7275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to apply today!